Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Gear gear and more gear! (and an examination of my PLD main gear sets)

I don't like going two weeks between posts. Lots of things can happen in that time span these days.

And well, a lot has happened on those two weeks!

First off, I am still working on getting Beitetsu for the Burtgang afterglow. I'm at 6135 turned in now. So far, this is ALL from farming Tenzen and trading plutons with people I do Tenzen with. I have sold a few stacks of plutons and boulders, but have not yet purchased any stacks from the AH.

Now with that said, onto the gear and the usual stuff. There's two weeks worth here, so I had to dig into the Guildwork history in order to see what I have acquired since I last wrote.

In order from "since right after last post" to "this morning".

Herculean Vest

I swear I was very happy when I finally received this item after lots and lots of Neak fights. I was less thrilled to continually get substandard augments that did not beat Adhemar B for weapon skills. I ended up throwing lots of stones at this but to no avail. I have not found an exact use for this just yet to be honest. I kind of feel bad about it considering how many Neaks we had to fight to get vests.

Vatic Byrnie

I went ahead and farmed this piece and got it on the first kill. I like it for CDC on Paladin due to the critical hit rate and double attack that goes with it. It also has 40 attack and a good amount of dex (21) for a body piece. Ultimately I would like to replace this with something better like Valorous Mail, but this is a fine choice for the time being.

Kentarch Belt +1

Got this from Centurio's coffer - no need to spend more time at it getting armors to upgrade the NQ. Still an accuracy swap, and a good one at that.

Lathi

Lots and lots of Yilan kills (and a couple of fails) were required to get this staff. This will be my primary staff on black mage and I have no current plans to acquire too many different staves. It's a great overall piece for my almost ready to go black mage.

Thureous Earring

I am using this in my NM tanking set currently due to the +2 to block rate. I ultimately would rather use the Odnowa Earring +1 that I don't have just yet, but this will provide a nice slot filler for now.

Defending Ring (!!)

After 17 overall kills of King Behemoth (and other kills back in my HNMLS days), I finally saw this drop and was very happy to get it. I had gotten 2 savory shanks from login points during this two week period and both times were bust. I then saw a shank in bazaar for 380k and purchased it. That was the one that ended up producing this ring. It now has a part in my idle sets as well as my PLD tanking sets. It increases my MDT and BDT especially, and gives me more room to play around with in other slots. I just regret not taking a screen shot when this finally dropped.

Mephitas Ring

For eventual death set on my black mage. I will +1 this eventually, but killing Mephitas solo does pose risk due to his stupid poison. The priority on +1ing it is a bit smaller than the other things I can do right now.

Abnoba Kaftan

On the morning I finally got a clear on Vir'ava, we continued to use pops and get wins (almost all were wins - we did wipe once) and ended up getting 2 Abnoba Kaftans to drop. I was fortunate to receive the 2nd one on the condition I "Become Shurakai's pocket BLU (and, well, PLD and BLM too)", as it was his pop item. Naturally, since I kind of already am, I said absolutely!

This piece pretty much relegated my Herc Vest "quest for the ultimate augments" to the bottom of the list. This piece boosted my set DPS by 55 points alone, and increased my average weapon skill damage by almost 200 points. I did consider switching my Adhemar Jacket to path A now that I had a weapon skill piece, but I have not done so just yet.

Xucau Mantle

I helped out on some Pakecet kills the other morning and ended up getting this mantle. I am pleased with the extra HP and MP it provides, as well as a damage taken -3% stat. I now use this instead of Philidor Mantle for NM tanking due to the fact that defending ring bumped me over the PDT cap. So basically, I am trading 2% BDT for 100 extra HP. That's a nice trade as far as I'm concerned. Oh, and it has 5 accuracy...yay?

Zwazo Earring

One of my PLD earring goals was this item (and soon its +1 cousin). When duo or trio, we have the Mhuufya mob down to a pretty solid science. If we get unlucky with firespit or that kick move, we may die, but so far in lots of kills that's only happened once. The fight goes quickly with me on BLU and Shura on COR. We do more damage to it than the Mamool can keep up with.

Taranus's Cape

Another step in the right direction for my BLM's return. I augmented it with INT+20, Macc/Mdmg+20, and MAB+10. This will be on for most if not all spells, except for perhaps Death when I get the JP for it.

Merlinic Hood

Thanks to Finneramos, our pretty awesome LS Summoner, I got this piece yesterday morning. He made short work of Dolores, and we also got a few Crom kills in (no Shalwar yet, though). We also got Finn some Merlinic Dastanas during this session which was cool.

The best part? I used exactly 3 pellucid stones, and I have INT+9, Macc+23, Matt+33, and magic crit damage +4% for augments on this piece.

Refoccilation Stone

This morning while getting merits for a Tenzen run, we fought Phuabos in Escha Ru'aun in hopes of popping Warder of Hope. We finally got him to pop after a half hour and he dropped this on the first kill. This is a great nuking waist piece and will be good enough to use on my black mage.

Short term to-do list

There's still a few pieces I want to get for my PLD and my BLM in particular. I am working on getting a lua tailored for my black mage, as I do want to be able to have a "burst" mode, a "death" mode, and a standard "nuke" mode. I'm also making sure to have solid sets for each of those categories. Already having the main 5 slots covered with Merlinic and Amalric is very helpful.

The gear I would like to acquire for my black mage is:
- Merlinic Shalwar
- Mujin Band
- Locus Ring (that's easy - got plasm for it)
- Barkarole Earring (I THINK I have all the prerequisites done for the quest series - just gotta do 'em)
- Niobid Strap (Finn!!!)

Gear for PLD is:
- Emicho Haubert (eventual - not a huge priority)
- Zwazo Earring +1
- Odnowa Earring +1
- Burtgang AG

Currently, I am quite content with my blue mage gear and not in need of improving it much.

Paladin Gear sets

I was asked about my PLD gear by a lsmate who just got his Aegis, and wanted to share it with you here in this blog.

I have three main sets - a "DD" set (I always put that in quotes because let's face it, it's not a whole lot of damage), a CDC set, and an NM tanking set.

"DD" gear
Main: Burtgang or Almace AG
Sub: Aegis/Ochain/Priwen
Ammo: Ginsen
Head; Valorous Mask (dex, att, acc, and double attack)
Neck :Asperity Necklace
Ear1: Cessance Earring
Ear2: Brutal Earring
Body: Despair Mail
Hands: Valorous Gauntlets (dex, att, acc, double attack)
Ring1: Petrov Ring
Ring2: Rajas Ring
Back: Rudianos' mantle (dex, att/acc, and crit rate)
Waist: Kentarch Belt +1 or Windbuffet Belt
Legs: Valorous Hose (dex, att, acc, double attack)
Feet: Loyalist Sabatons (max augments)

CDC gear

Ammo: Falcon's Eye
Head: Valorous Mask (dex, att, acc, crit rate)
Neck: Light Gorget
Ear1: Moonshade Earring
Ear2: Brutal Earring
Body: Vatic Byrnie
Hands: Valorous Gauntlets (dex, att, acc, crit rate)
Ring1: Begrudging Ring
Ring2: Rajas Ring
Back: Rudianos's Mantle
Waist: Fotia Belt
Legs: Lustratio Subligar B
Feet: Thereoid Greaves

Tanking set

Main: Burtgang
Sub: Aegis or Priwen
Ammo: Ginsen (soon hopefully something else)
Head: Souveran Schallar D
Neck: Homeric Gorget
Ear1: Zwazo Earring
Ear2: Thureous Earring
Body: Souveran Cuirass C
Hands: Souveran Handschuhs D
Ring1: Defending Ring
Ring2: Dark Ring
Back: Xucau Mantle
Waist: Flume Belt
Legs; Souveran Diechlings C
Feet: Souveran Schuhs D

Of course, I also have enmity, healing, flash, and job action gear as well.

That's enough for now. Enjoy your week and thanks for reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment