Monday, May 23, 2016

The best parts


Afterglow!


This past Tuesday, I finally turned in enough Boulders to finish my Almace!

Last Monday night, we did some more Tenzen and I was down to my final 600 boulders needed. One of my LS mates was kind enough to offer to purchase the remaining stacks to get me to the 10k needed, but the price wasn't right and I told him not to worry about it.

The following morning I went on another set and ended up being another 280ish short. I took out a loan with an LS mate and purchased what remained.

The result is one bad-ass sword.

I always wanted to have a reason to use this sword again, and after all that voidwatch and Tenzen, it is at my side and ready to wield.

Let's go over the amazing features of this sword.

* Ridiculous DPS: At 42.32 damage per second, this sword is the highest DPS sword that a blue mage can use. Sequence is next closest at 42.00.

* Easy to maintain Aftermath: Since blue mages' primary weapon skill is Chant du Cygne, you are almost guaranteed to have an aftermath status effect on during battle. The aftermath itself is improved with this version, causing a 30%, 40%, or 50% chance to deal triple damage. Dealing over 5k in a single attack round is not out of the realm with this piece.


* Attack and Accuracy boost: You have a sword skill increase of 269 instead of the usual 242 with this sword. This results in more base accuracy and attack. Also, you get +50 to Dexterity, resulting in even more accuracy.

* Magic damage: If I need to cast some magic attack spells while wielding this sword, I can do more damage than I used to. I still don't think it beats a Nibiru Cudgel or a max Vampirism, but still nice to know that I can mix and match this with a vampirism and do solid magic damage while still being a CDC beast.

And naturally, I have been putting this sword to use in many areas, such as Tenzen, lesser nms, unity nms, and gathering merits (for more Tenzens naturally).

Other acquisitions:

I got a few more Zi'tah clears with the linkshell on Wednesday. I managed to focus on getting Eschalixirs to complete my Souveran augments. I got to use this gear right away and tanked the T3 Escha Zi'tah NMs effectively. We had a couple of close calls and one wipe, but we were effective and efficient. We did not, however, get to clear the pixies or the evil bunny of death. Wouldn't mind getting another shot at the bunny and a chance at that nice body it drops.

Nicely timed terror proc

One of my acquisitions was a Falcon Eye. It sits in my accuracy set and is also effective for CDC when accuracy is needed.

Agema Cape & Luminary Sash

I got both of these during numerous Neak pops on Friday and Saturday mornings. Unfortunately, one of these was not a Herculean vest, which is what I really really want for my blue mages' CDC set. When properly augmented, it is likely the best option. I'd rather use this than Abnoba or Enforcers, but at the moment I don't have any of these.

Still for getting everything else, the luminary sash is an excellent magic accuracy piece. The Agema Cape is not really something I need as I have better options for all my jobs for each item this cape offers.

Kentarch Belt

I am able to quickly and effectively solo Centurio on blue mage with trusts providing he doesn't spam too many -aga spells. He's usually dead before that becomes a problem thankfully. This piece is in the accuracy set as well.

Coming up

* More Reisenjima NMs to round out gear I need. I am at the point where I can effectively tank Yakshi, Neak, and Maju (although I have not yet fought Maju I have an excellent idea how to do so). I have nearly 3k HP while in my "upper tier tank" set. I still want to fill in a few more pieces - specifically Odnowa Earring/+1 for another sizable boost to my HP.

* The ball is rolling on getting m black mage back in action. I sought insight on the FFXIAH boards and have targets gear-wise to obtain. Thankfully due to my work on getting my blue mage outfitted for magic damage, I already have a great head start on black mage. My first objective is to get a Lathi from Yilan (which is why I was fighting Centurio this morning in the first place). I made quick work of Yilan solo last time before Almace. I am fairly certain it will be even quicker this time.

* More Tenzen. I am sitting at just under 4k Beitetsu turned in for Burtgang. I would like to finish this for good during campaign, or at least make a sizable dent. I have been trading the Plutons to ls mates for Beitetsu and putting most of the boulders I get on the AH. I am actually at a good number of gil. My plan is to continue to accumulate gil and use it to finish Beitetsu if needed when campaign ends. Eventually I think I may want to procure some +1 Souveran pieces if my pockets get deep enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment