Thursday, April 14, 2016

The aftermath

As of my last writing, I was almost done with kill shot trials for Burtgang (90). That same evening I took care of the remaining kills and upgraded it further.

Ultimately, I have made it to i119 with Burtgang and am enjoying using it to tank and kill stuff. Aftermath level 3 is a lot of fun, and I am currently trying to modify my DD and Hybrid pieces to enhance my accuracy and Store TP.

Here's what I have accomplished since my last post.

Aegis (95)
Farming Animated Shields pld/thf style!
 In a trial that took far less time than I thought was going to, I got the 10 kills I needed for level 95 Aegis in about a half hour. It does help that the pop spot and the pop item mobs are in the same area - unlike the previous trial in Beaucedine involving 5 Goublefaupe kills. That back and forth trek was really annoying.

Burtgang (95)

Needing to kill Long-bowed Chariot 3 times in normal salvage was no big deal. One assault, three salvages, 1.5 hours.

Burtgang (99)

After much planning and T4 trophy hoarding, I set out to farm the three necessary Mulcibar's Scoria for the level 99 trial. To summarize the ZNM portion, I had enough pop items between T2, T3, and T4 to not even need to kill a single T1 in order to make 3 pop sets for PW. I did have to go zeni farming once, and wasn't surprised that the still-best spot is Nauls in Abyssea - Tahrongi.
On my way to kill PW for the first time.
 My strategy for PW was pretty straightforward. I went pld/war and used my Aegis and made sure my MDT was capped. I was going to use Fealty to prevent Brainjack just in case, and PDT for the 10k needles in case that went off. Fortunately, neither were necessary as the initial forms all went down quickly and the chariots never got a TP move off.

The PW room.

Ready to pop

Pff I got this!
 When he got to the final form, I locked on my MDT set and took at most 600 damage from the Astral Flow onslaught. Most of my trusts went down as predicted, but it wasn't much of a threat to me and my Aegis. Sadly, the three times I farmed him I only got one Mulcibar's Scoria each time.

Trophies for Pop #3

Finishing off the hat trick
 After turning in the required 3, I had Burtgang (99)!

Burtgang (i119)

I had stockpiled 295 Beitetsu by the time I began Burtgang trials and now that I was done with the magian portion, I was ready to turn them in. I purchased 5 more and had Oboro forge away. I got to put the new sword to use immediately afterward and farmed Gomberry in Reisenjima. I loved the aftermath and obviously made me want to re-evaluate my TP gear. Granted, Gomberry is a bit evasive but still the numbers guy wants to make him do whatever laughable damage I can!

Adhemar Jacket

After saving some gil, I purchased a Vexed Jacket from the AH and uncursed a Jovian Body abjuration I had picked up earlier in the week with a Pakecet session. I also got an Uac Jerkin for my PLD to use with CDC. It's not the best option I think, but it will do until something better comes along (perhaps the new Sulevia Mail +1 will be good for it, but I won't know until I plug it into the DPS sheet).

The new jacket nearly caps my delay down using only DWIII traits, suppanomimi, and the jacket. I have a combined -79.7% delay down when haste and MG are active. It turns me into a swinging machine.

Legion clear

Desiring the rare enemy vorseal as well as a Transitory Abjuration: Body, I set out to solo legion.

I found the initial halls no problem whatsoever. Using trusts and my blue mage, I made quick work of the first wave of the four halls and exited after getting each trophy.

Then it was Hall of Mul time. Reading up on this, I noticed that one of the big worries was the Death Prophet attack from the Mantis in wave 2. The others it was just survival and damage for the most part.
Entering the Hall of Mul
 This event turned out to be a good deal of fun for me. I did end up dying to doom from the Naraka as opposed to Death Prophet, but of course came ready with multiple reraises. After recovering, I finished off the 2nd wave.

Paramount BLU readies CDC!
 Wave 3 is the two mega bosses in Legion. Paramount Gallu is the one who drops the needed abjuration more frequently than Paramount Botulus, so I focused on him first incase of a wipe from Botulus. He was not any real threat, and he indeed dropped me the needed abjuration. I took care of Paramount Botulus afterward and soloed Hall of Mul on my first try.

I will admit though, being able to resummon trusts while having enmity was incredibly helpful. It felt like a more challenging Wildskeeper Reive.

Cough up that abjuration!

Cleaning up that mess in the Hall of Mul.
Hexed Jacket -1

Having the required abjuration, I purchased some Umbral Marrow and removed the WS damage +5% from my Khepri Jacket (a mog bonanza prize from 2012 I believe). I recursed it and received a Hexed Jacket -1. I had some eschite ore left over from Pakecet the other day and gave the two items to a LS mate. He did his best to turn it into a jinxed jacket, but sadly we only got the NQ. It is currently on the AH and will hopefully become a rebate for the vexed jacket I purchased earlier in the week.

Rosmerta's Cape

The new Ambuscade event received multiple visits from me since its implementation. I can solo and lowman the D dragon pretty easily, and our LS has done multiple VD runs. I have done it enough to get 3 +1 pieces of Sulevia's Gear and capped augments on this cape. I decided for a CDC cape for BLU, augmenting it with Att/Acc +20, Critical Hit rate +10%, and DEX+20. It wouldn't surprised me if this was superior to Bleating Mantle for TPing, but I will have to use the DPS spreadsheet to see for sure.

Sailfi Belt

I want to use this on my PLD TP set so I can afford to use some of the Sulevia's set to TP in. I will upgrade this to +1 to afford me the most room for error.

I plan on using the Loyalist Sabatons I got for my feet since that is 6%. I will then need to get 10% more between the four slots. Sulevia's +1 can likely occupy three of the slots. If I use despair mail and the legs, hands, and head Sulevia's +1, I should have capped haste.

Plan

I am finishing up the Voidwatch quests for an eventual vorseal, but also to potentially farm materials for 99 Almace. I have not fully committed to this yet, but I did do some Aello last night and in 20 kills, I got exactly 0 heavy metal. That's a little discouraging, but we'll see if I can find some sort of equilibrium. Perhaps farming Morta and Bismark so I can get some metal as well as riftdross/riftcinder. Maybe even some sealord skin.

Oh yeah, and another 9,990 Beitetsu for Burtgang.

And a PLD cape from Ambuscade.

And some heavy metal from there as well.

So much to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment