Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Save all the mobs!

Well, this thinly veiled title reference refers to the name of the weapon skill I have to use for the first 5 trials for upgrading my Burtgang.

Atonement is used 1400 total times in the upgrading process for Burtgang. I imagine the other mythic trials are similar.

You start by using Atonement 200 times on Lizards (very easy with Ochain), but then the trials become...well, a trial.

The first trial was easy enough. See my most recent post for how I did this.

The second trial you have to kill 200 dragons with Atonement being the killing blow. If this was CDC, I would have been easily done with all of the trials by now.

The puks did not take too long and I finished that trial across two play sessions.

The third kill shot trial was 300 Atonement kill shots on Vermin. I had started off on scorpions in Abyssea - Tahrongi, but remembered other easier targets exist - namely the gnats north of conflux 6.


After that was done, I went on to 300 Atonement kill shots on Undead. This time I went to Abyssea - Attohwa and killed hounds near Conflux 6. They were easy enough and more manageable once they repopped with more HP. I experimented with trust setups a little here trying to see if I can increase my overall DPS, but unfortunately could not find a trust that melees but does not use weapon skills. If you know of one, let me know!


Currently I am almost done with the final Atonement kill shot trial - 400 Amorphs. For this I am still in Abyssea - Attohwa killing the slugs near Conflux 00. The nice thing about these is they aggro sound and they are close enough together where I can pull a few at a time. I have just 50 more of these to kill as of this writing.

New Gear

I did some more Sinister Reign this past Sunday with some LS mates and pulled in a few more pieces.

Jumalik Helm

For my PLD's Divine Magic set. This is looking close to capped. Enlight II starts off doing 120ish damage unresisted now (by my own recollection).

Loyalist Sabatons

These came augmented with Haste +2%. Since they also have Haste +4%, these became my new feet TP piece thanks to this and its inherently decent DD stats on PLD. I still use the Despair mail, but I have switched to Path D on that piece for a nice boost in Double Attack.

Souveran Schuhs

I now have 5/5 Souveran pieces. These unfortunately are for Phalanx mainly. They do have PDT -4% so I may put them in to my PDT set, but I think I have it capped already.

I will finish this Amorph trial soon and then move to the 3 Tinnins I need to kill. The good news is after I finish these Tinnins, I will have either trophies, pops, or partial pops for Pandemonium Warden. I won't have to do as much ZNM as I think since I saved most of the pops I had gotten during the NNI campaign in January. I will have to build at least one Tinnin pop from scratch, however. No big deal!

I did try the new Ambuscade event this morning to see how it is. I killed the Dragon on normal and got 100 hall marks for it. The rewards seem pretty cool so I will be getting at least the BLU cape and augmenting it. I have a lot of other little things I need to do now that I can enjoy other content in the game, like finishing up VW, uncursing my Khepri Jacket, getting Adhemar Body, etc. etc.

So much to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment