Friday, April 22, 2016

Not on my watch!

After writing my most recent post, I decided to enter the foray and attempt to finish off my long forgotten, mog house slot eating level 90 Almace.

The poor thing saw so much action once I received it and then I took my extended 2013-2015 break. Unfortunately, I logged back in to notice it was outclassed and no longer relevant as it was.

But after seeing the third tier of 119 possibilities, and the ridiculous damage my friend does with his afterglowed Tizona and Almace combination, I decided to restore it to its former glory.

And that would require Voidwatch....lots and lots of Voidwatch...

More Voidwatch...

And yes, still more of it.

So I spent some time on Saturday and Sunday splitting time between Ambuscade, Qilin, and Morta. I still had a few paths to finish off as well for an eventual encounter with Provenance Watcher.

Here's a bright idea...light skillchains do increased damage on Qilin.
 After a pretty solid and efficient few sessions on the aforementioned VW mobs in three days, I had only 3 riftcinders and 189 plates. Despite the fact I was killing Qilin at a rate of 45-50 Qilins per hour and about 40 Mortas per hour, I was well under the "finish before campaign ends" rate.

But thanks to a friend, I am temporarily dualboxing in order to pop more chests.

I am happy to report that as of this morning, I have 633 metal plates, and 26 riftcinders.

My cycle is pretty much as follows:

1) Purchase rubicund cells on both characters - 8 stacks on each.

2) Purchase 1 or 2 stacks of Phase Displacers on my main. If I am doing Morta, I purchase 2 stacks (more on that in a bit)

3) Teleport to proper planar rift.

4) Call trusts Ulmia, Joachim, Qultada, and Koru-Moru for a super buffed character.

5) Use a macro to trade a cell to the rift on each character, plus 1-3 phase displacers.

6) Pop and kill.

7) Pop chests.

8) Repeat 5, 6, and 7 as time and supplies allow.

9) Warp back to town. NPC most of the drops, earning 300-600k.

10) Use the gil accrued from step 9 plus a sparks conversion to purchase more plates from bazaars or the AH.

My setup is blu/war with a dd spellset. I use the following Atmacites - Exhortation, Valiant, and Coercion. I also use Exhortation on the alternate character so I can take advantage of the regain sphere. This gives me incredible ability to WS and skillchain, and thanks to Exhortation I do 30% more skillchain damage.

On Qilin, I use Nature's Meditation and Berserk (if available) after initializing the pop (to avoid magic aggro from nearby weapons), engage, and skillchain away. I use 1 displacer per pop on Qilin.

On Morta I use Braver's drink, Stalwart's tonic, and Fanatics Drink (via macro) upon popping, then engage and skillchain away. Morta is more annoying because when her adds pop she tends to move, so I have to reposition in order to keep swinging. If solo, I use three displacers on Morta. If teamed up with another person, I use two.

I'm averaging two or three VW outings this week because I have off from my job. I want to get most of what I need to do done this week.

I did get in some more Sinister Reign earlier this week, and...


Ready for action in the near future!

 August!

I finally got this wonderful item during some SR runs. I also ended up procuring a nice Vampirism with DMG+10, some Ta'Lab trousers (with added crit rate +1%), and Medium's Sabots for BLU. Our runs were very efficient, and I got to put the Burtgang to good use once again. Sadly, this does nothing to help me survive No Quarter - no shock there though.




Always a nice little "yesss...." when seeing this in the loot pool.
So what will I be doing this week? Pretty simple.

Voidwatch.

I will kill Mortas until I finish my riftcinder (unless my LS is doing Qilin). I am almost halfway done with those. They have the added benefit of dropping single plates as well as riftdross. The riftdross is being saved for a LS Mate who is also upgrading. He is giving me 300k per dross, so that gil immediately goes to plates once I get it.

After Mortas are done, Qilin will be the spot to cough up the rest of my plates.

If I do not finish in time before campaign ends, I will use Ambuscade to get maximum plates and cinders (if needed of course). I still have 1400 marks to go to finish my PLD CDC cape.

Next post

I was asked to talk about my BLU gear a bit as people notice I do quite a bit of damage. BLU is a complex job mathematically, so I will be doing another post this weekend to detail my gear setup on both jobs and why it works. Expect screenshots from my BLU and PLD DPS spreadsheets (the same ones available on BG and FFXIAH).

Until then, good luck on the 'watch!

No comments:

Post a Comment